- Charles P. GuarinoPrincipal
Charles P. Guarino focuses his practice on a wide range of intellectual property issues, with an emphasis on trademark prosecution and litigation. His practice includes trademark, copyright, and trade secret litigation; trademark and copyright counseling, searching, filing and maintenance; trademark policing and enforcement; trademark practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office; preparation of agreements and licenses pertaining to technology and intellectual property; counseling regarding intellectual property strategies related to website design and the internet; domain name searching, registration and enforcement; and anti-counterfeiting and gray market rights enforcement.
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
Publications and Presentations
- The Doctrine of Foreign Equivalents Under U.S. Federal Trademark Law, Bloomberg Law Reports, 2007 (contributor).
- The Doctrine of Fair Use Under U.S. Federal Trademark Law, Bloomberg Law Reports, 2007 (contributor) .
- Presenter, Domain Names and Dispute Resolution Issues in the European Union, American; Bar Association International Intellectual Property Rights Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, February 1, 2002.
- N.V.E., Inc. v. Belize Domain WHOIS Service, Case No. 1064467 (N.A.F. October 3, 2007).
- Honeywell International Inc. v. Domains Ventures, Case No. 669924 (N.A.F. May 9, 2006).
- Odegard Inc. v. Safavieh Carpets Inc., 398 F.Supp.2d 275 (S.D.N.Y. 2005).
- Honeywell International Inc. v. r9.net, Case No. 445594 (N.A.F. May 23, 2005).
- Rolex Watch U.S.A., Inc. v. Spider Webs, Ltd., Case No. D2001-0398 (W.I.P.O. July 2, 2001).
- In re British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Ltd., Serial No. 75-475,767 (T.T.A.B. 2001).
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D. 1995
Cardozo Law Review, 1993-95
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, B.S. 1988